Monday, 11 May 2015

How things change

I'm back and now its 2015! wow how time has flown.  so much has changed in a good way! I just celebrated my 36th birthday.  I think this has been the first birthday in the last few years where i have not been recovering from a miscarriage. The last two birthdays were difficult for this reason and i was unable to accept moving on to another year. the panic , the terror and the pain of pregnancy loss was difficult to manage emotionally. This year  I felt light hearted, relaxed and was able to enjoy the day with family and friends .
Back to the change, i can only attribute the changes i have gone through to a more positive frame of mind. Somehow the angst and bitterness i had felt for the last few years has melted away and I no longer feel defensive and angry at life, i feel purely grateful, grateful for the years I have lived, the wonderful family i have, my beautiful little girl who is now eight years old, crazy, vibrant and fun, grateful for new friends made and people who care.  I feel grateful for music, books, my pets, grateful for a healthy mind and body and beyond all grateful to be me. For the first time i feel that i am happy to be myself.
So this time I'm back with a renewed determination to blog regularly. Lets see how this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment